Wednesday, June 15, 2011

L'eggo My Cupcakes!

I'm glad to be posting something again after such a long hiatus.  I do have some valid excuses, though.  A cruise (great), a wedding (really great), and a lot of working (not great, but necessary).  But now that I'm back, I have a few things to post in the next couple of days.  




It's another cupcake phase, and to start it off we have a Belgian Waffle cupcake.  I think these are just so darn cute.  The cake is a vanilla butter cake made with buttermilk, real maple syrup, and some cinnamon to give it a waffle-like taste.  It's topped with a maple buttercream that also has some pancake house flair, and the cutest part?  The tiny little waffle cookie on top.  It's a buttery vanilla pressed cookie, and I topped it with powdered sugar, just like I like on my waffles.  Would a glass of OJ and one of these pass as breakfast?  You be the judge.




5 comments:

  1. I think my husband would like these for Father's Day. Seriously. And I love your cake stands. Do you sell them? Or will you divulge your source? Ours came by a terrible accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can order some for Father's Day if you'd like! Just email me at susangietl@hotmail.com. These cake stands are from the Martha Stewart line at Macys. But others I have from all over. Sur la Table, Crate & Barrel, Target, Hobby Lobby, and the TAG outlet store back in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are delicious and my husband was pleasantly surprised. We are off the the family party with the others. I know they will be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I was wondering if you would share your recipes? My daughter has completed a milestone in piano, and when they do, the piano studio has a cupcake party - they invite friends and family. The only problem is that her lessons are at 9:00 AM! Belgian Waffles are her absolute favorite, so I thought she would love these cupcakes!
    Thanks for your consideration!

    ReplyDelete