Friday, June 17, 2011

Black & Blue


This is quite an exciting post for me, because I am in love with these new cupcakes.  They are seriously my favorite cupcake I have created thus far (runners up would be the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel, Triple Chocolate, and Cookie Dough varieties).  If you know me you probably have already heard this, since I have been raving about them since baking them on Wednesday.  




Let's start off with the cake-- it's a dark chocolate cake.  It's rich, it's decadent, and it's still moist and fluffy.  Then the frosting- my regular cream cheese frosting, but I added to it some fresh blueberries.  And topping those two gems is a drizzle of semisweet chocolate ganache.  What can't taste better with a luxurious mix of cream and chocolate on top?


I think this is my ideal combination.  The frosting is rich and creamy, and it has a slight tang from the cream cheese that is matched perfectly with the sweetness of the blueberries.  And the fruity icing cuts the richness of the dark chocolate perfectly.  Mmmmm... Suzy's in heaven.  Where I do believe cake and cupcakes abound. 




To order these or any other Suzy Sweet Tooth cupcakes, please email me at susangietl@hotmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment