Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bigger is Better.

So tonight I made one of my favorite cake recipes to eat with my fiancé and his family after our Sunday dinner.  But the fun part is the kind of cake I baked-- a giant donut cake.  It's too cute.  It looks just like a glazed donut... but bigger.  And the best thing about it?  It's very easy to make, and the homier it looks, the better.  


The pan is from Williams-Sonoma.  I just used a basic butter cake recipe that I jazzed up for the fall with a healthy dose of cinnamon and a tiny bit of ginger.  And I couldn't go wrong with some autumn sprinkles.  Add a semisweet chocolate glaze and some chocolate jimmies and I can just hear it calling my name.


I love that it looks so homemade.  I often think that with cakes especially, the crumblier or gooier the better.  It just looks so delectable that way!  We'll just have to see if it is...



No comments:

Post a Comment