Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brianna's Baby Shower

I got a call about a week ago from the lovely Brianna who is expecting a little baby boy (her first), and wanted some cupcakes for a baby shower this past weekend.  Of course I was very happy to oblige.  Brianna and her husband Neal couldn't be more excited to welcome their little one.  And what better way is there to celebrate than with sugar?  (This is, of course, a silly question.  There is no better way.)


Brianna and her mother asked for blue, green, and brown, so I did a yummy cinnamon chocolate cupcake with both vanilla buttercream and chocolate frostings.  I topped the colored ones with some candy and rimmed the chocolate ones with chocolate jimmies.  (Stating the obvious again: chocolate + chocolate + more chocolate = yummy.)


A little birdie tells me that the party was a smash and the cupcakes were a hit.  The only downside?  I may be to blame if the baby comes out craving sugar.  But with little boys that's inevitable, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment