Tuesday, November 30, 2010

PB&J

Who doesn't love a good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich?  Nobody.  But what's the one thing it may be missing?  Frosting, you say?  Not anymore.  


I had what I believe to be an ingenious idea the other day: to make a pb&j cupcake.  I have personally never seen it done before and so I whipped up this baby.  And I have to say that I'm really (and I mean really) excited about it.  


I made a vanilla peanut butter batter for the cupcakes.  If you're wondering what heaven smells like, it's vanilla peanut butter cake baking.  I promise.  Then I filled each cupcake with raspberry jam, iced them with a swirled peanut butter/raspberry frosting, and topped each with chopped salted peanuts.  It's the perfect mix of salty and sweet, and it's the only thing better than a pb&j.  



If you would like to order these cupcakes, please contact me at susangietl@hotmail.com.  Minimum quantity is one dozen.  Pricing information will be coming soon to the blog.

Special thanks to Mr. Murphy Randle for turning my little Suzy Sweet Tooth sketch into the cute new logo!  It looks great!


3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to write a blog. But nothing in my life would be interesting to others.

    Your blog is my new favorite page to check daily. I'm so glad you do updates on an almost daily basis. I keep three windows up on my computer at all times: Gmail, Facebook, and Suzy Sweet Tooth. And I've told all my Facebook friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to comment on this one, this is my favorite treat that you have made so far. I was so surprised (in a good way) when I got to the jelly center, and I think I ate at least three before I called it quits. Love it!

    ReplyDelete