Monday, November 22, 2010

Kevin's 20th Birthday

A good friend of mine, Kevin, had a birthday last month, right around Halloween time.  His beautiful girlfriend, Jess, hired me to make some cupcakes for a surprise birthday party she threw him.  One big specification was to steer clear of any Halloween decorations.  I completely understand, Jess!  My dad's birthday is Halloween and mine is Valentine's Day, and we holiday birthday guys and gals can tell you that having your special day lumped together with a holiday is not as fun as it sounds.  So for Kevin we went purple: purple buttercream, purple gumballs, and purple metallic jimmies.  Not a skull in sight.


I made a total of 4 dozen cupcakes, twenty-four regulars and twenty-four minis.  The cake was a lemon cake iced with a cream cheese frosting.  Jess clearly has good taste in picking out flavors in addition to picking out Kevin...








Kevin will be leaving in just a few weeks to serve a two year church mission in the Ukraine.  We'll all miss him very much.  I hope that he loved his cupcakes and party as much as we all love him!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these cupcakes were soooooo good!!! Susan you better be sending me a batch in the MTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I want these adorable purple cupcakes at my babyshower!!!! Too bad I live in lame Wyoming and you aren't here!

    ReplyDelete