Sunday, January 16, 2011

Caramel Apple Bars

Today I put together a new recipe that I'm calling Caramel Apple Bars.  They are sticky and gooey and, in my opinion, quite yummy. 


It starts with a layer of blondie batter made from browned butter and light brown sugar to be very caramel-like and decadent.  The apple part of this gooey wonder is a layer of sliced granny smith apples that have been coated with sugar and some spices (just like in an apple pie) and covered in caramel sauce.  The apples are topped with another layer of blondie batter, baked until golden brown, and drizzled with more caramel sauce.


This is not a dainty dessert.  It requires a fork (or at least a whole lotta napkins).  But I think that any caramel apple fan would say it's well worth the mess!



1 comment:

  1. Krista was just telling us about these. They look and sound delish! I have to have some :)

    ReplyDelete