Monday, January 10, 2011

White Raspberry Cake

To celebrate Julie's birthday yesterday I made this yummy layer cake, per her request. The layers are fluffy white cake flavored with just a bit of almond extract for a little depth.  Nestled inside is a homemade raspberry filling made from real raspberries, sugar, and some orange zest and fresh orange juice to give it a brighter note.  And it is iced with a cream cheese icing that is lightened with some whipped cream.  (The beautiful candles are from Papyrus.)  Julie is older than 6, but her real age will not be disclosed in this blog.  She is like a good recipe-- it doesn't matter her age, just her great taste!








1 comment:

  1. OMG! I want that cake! (Of course it would have to have star shaped candles, rather than hearts, for me!) It makes my mouth water. I love all your stuff, but chocolate isn't my fave. So this hits the mark. I know, I know, according to your blog, I'm a heretic or something if I don't adore chocolate, lol...

    ReplyDelete