Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes



January for me should be called Cupcake Month.  I swear I bake other things... really I do.  But between orders for birthdays and parties, and all the cupcake ideas I have been testing out with Corinne (my partner in kitchen crime), it seems like cupcakes are just on the brain recently.  (Corinne who, by the way, made a delicious Coconut Vanilla cupcake that we'll have to get up here soon... it's scrumptious.)  So here's another one of January's babies:  the Hot Chocolate cupcake.


I was trying to think of a way to transform one of my favorite wintertime treats into a cupcake and I think I've got it down.  It's a moist chocolate cupcake made with Stephen's hot chocolate in the batter.  A marshmallow frosting that looks and tastes like a giant melted marshmallow "floats" on top.  And to crown it off are a few mini marshmallows and a sprinkling of cinnamon.  And the best part?  It will never burn your tongue!  







No comments:

Post a Comment