Thursday, December 30, 2010

Banana Walnut Cake

Last night I tried a new recipe for a Banana Walnut Cake.  I grew up in the western Chicago suburbs where Sara Lee is headquartered, and I remember when I was a little girl going to a Sara Lee outlet store with my dad.  We'd buy frozen lasagnas and pound cakes, and I would always love the little individually wrapped banana cakes there.  My Banana Walnut Cake is sort of a grown-up version of that favorite treat.

It's a very simple cake made with mashed bananas and sour cream to keep it moist, and some coarsely chopped walnuts for some texture.  It's topped with a decadent cream cheese icing and a collar of more chopped walnuts.  Very simple and very good.





Cakes start at just $10.  Please contact me at susangietl@hotmail.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment